His family settled in San Francisco, and in 1929 Popov entered the University of California, Berkeley, where he studied civil engineering and graduated with honors in 1933. He received a scholarship for graduate studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and obtained his MS degree in civil engineering in 1934. He was then awarded a scholarship to the California Institute of Technology and moved to Pasadena to pursue his doctoral degree.
For civil, mechanical, and aeronautical engineering courses. This book is a comprehensive, cross-referenced examination of engineering mechanics of solids. Traditional topics are supplemented by an exposure to several newly-emerging disciplines, such as the probabilistic basis for structural analysis, matrix methods, and plastic limit analysis.
About the Author
Popov was instrumental in establishing a PhD program in civil engineering at Berkeley. Mihran Agbabian was the first PhD graduate in civil (structural) engineering in 1951 and founded his own consulting engineering company and become chair of civil engineering at the University of Southern California. Popov was promoted to professor in 1953 and mentored 34 PhD students during his tenure at UC Berkeley.
In his early efforts developing engineering course material, Popov perceived that available textbooks were not sufficient in engineering mechanics, so he wrote and published Mechanics of Materials (Prentice Hall) in 1952. It was adopted as an engineering textbook at many universities in the United States and was translated into several languages for use in foreign engineering programs. A second edition was published in 1976.
Solutions Manual of Mechanics of Materials Si Version by Popov | 2nd edition ISBN 9780135713563
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Solutions Manual of Mechanics of Materials Si Version by Popov | 2nd edition.
- DOWNLOAD LINK will be sent to you IMMEDIATELY (Please check SPAM box also) once payment is confirmed.
- Solutions Manual is available in PDF or Word format and available for download only.
- Solutions Manual of Mechanics of Materials Si Version by Popov | 2nd edition, Solutions Manual ONLY.
- NO Test Bank included on this purchase. If you are looking for the Test Bank please use search box.
- All orders are placed anonymously. Your order details will be hidden according to our website privacy and deleted automatically.
- This book is under the category: Science and Engineering
- Please use the search box to find other solutions manuals and test banks on this category.
- You can request books or reach us using the links appear in the side bar.
Solutions Manual of Mechanics of Materials Si Version by Popov
|Authors||Egor P. Popov|
|Category||Science and Engineering|