This book provides an introduction to the modern theory of likelihood-based statistical inference. This theory is characterized by several important features. One is the recognition that it is desirable to condition on relevant ancillary statistics. Another is that probability approximations are based on saddlepoint and closely related approximations that generally have very high accuracy. A third aspect is that, for models with nuisance parameters, inference is often based on marginal or conditional likelihoods, or approximations to these likelihoods. These methods have been shown often to yield substantial improvements over classical methods. The book also provide an up-to-date account of recent results in the field, which has been undergoing rapid development.
About the Author
Thomas A. Severini is a professor of statistics at Northwestern University. He is a fellow of the American Statistical Association and the author of Likelihood Methods in Statistics and Elements of Distribution Theory. He received his PhD in statistics from the University of Chicago. His research areas include likelihood inference, nonparametric and semiparametric methods, and applications to econometrics.
Solutions Manual of Likelihood Methods in Statistics by Severini | 1st edition ISBN 9780198506508
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Solutions Manual of Likelihood Methods in Statistics by Severini | 1st edition.
- DOWNLOAD LINK will be sent to you IMMEDIATELY (Please check SPAM box also) once payment is confirmed.
- Solutions Manual is available in PDF or Word format and available for download only.
- Solutions Manual of Likelihood Methods in Statistics by Severini | 1st edition, Solutions Manual ONLY.
- NO Test Bank included on this purchase. If you are looking for the Test Bank please use search box.
- All orders are placed anonymously. Your order details will be hidden according to our website privacy and deleted automatically.
- This book is under the category: Mathematics
- Please use the search box to find other solutions manuals and test banks on this category.
- You can request books or reach us using the links appear in the side bar.
Solutions Manual of Likelihood Methods in Statistics by Severini
|Authors||Thomas A. Severini|