Thermal physics deals with collections of large numbers of particles – typically 10 to the 23rd power or so. Examples include the air in a balloon, the water in a lake, the electrons in a chunk of metal, and the photons given off by the sun. We can't possibly follow every detail of the motions of so many particles. So in thermal physics we assume that these motions are random, and we use the laws of probability to predict how the material as a whole ought to behave. Alternatively, we can measure the bulk properties of a material, and from these infer something about the particles it is
This book will give you a working understanding of thermal physics, assuming that you have already studied introductory physics and calculus. You will learn to apply the general laws of energy and entropy to engines, refrigerators, chemical reactions, phase transformations, and mixtures. You will also learn to use basic quantum physics and powerful statistical methods to predict in detail how temperature affects molecular speeds, vibrations of solids, electrical and magnetic behaviors, emission of light, and exotic low-temperature phenomena. The problems and worked examples explore applications not just within physics but also to engineering, chemistry, biology, geology, atmospheric science, astrophysics, cosmology, and everyday life.
About the Author
Daniel V. Schroeder is Professor of Physics at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah, USA. He earned his PhD in Physics at Stanford University, then taught briefly at Pomona College and Grinnell College before coming to Weber State in 1993. He is the coauthor, with Michael E. Peskin, of An Introduction to Quantum Field Theory. From 2012 through 2016 he served as Associate Editor of the American Journal of Physics.
Solutions Manual of Introduction to Thermal Physics by Schroeder | 1st edition ISBN 9780192895554
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Solutions Manual of Introduction to Thermal Physics by Schroeder | 1st edition.
- DOWNLOAD LINK will be sent to you IMMEDIATELY (Please check SPAM box also) once payment is confirmed.
- Solutions Manual is available in PDF or Word format and available for download only.
- Solutions Manual of Introduction to Thermal Physics by Schroeder | 1st edition, Solutions Manual ONLY.
- NO Test Bank included on this purchase. If you are looking for the Test Bank please use search box.
- All orders are placed anonymously. Your order details will be hidden according to our website privacy and deleted automatically.
- This book is under the category: Physics
- Please use the search box to find other solutions manuals and test banks on this category.
- You can request books or reach us using the links appear in the side bar.
Solutions Manual of Introduction to Thermal Physics by Schroeder