Suitable for both undergraduates and graduates, this textbook provides an up-to-date, accessible introduction to thermal physics. The material provides a comprehensive understanding of thermodynamics, statistical mechanics, and kinetic theory, and has been extensively tested in the classroom by the author who is an experienced teacher. This book begins with a clear review of fundamental ideas and goes on to construct a conceptual foundation of four linked elements: entropy and the Second Law, the canonical probability distribution, the partition function, and the chemical potential. This foundation is used throughout the book to help explain new topics and exciting recent developments such as Bose-Einstein condensation and critical phenomena. The highlighting of key equations, summaries of essential ideas, and an extensive set of problems of varying degrees of difficulty will allow readers to fully grasp both the basic and current aspects of the subject. A solutions manual is available for instructors. This book is an invaluable textbook for students in physics and astronomy.
About the Author
In thermodynamics, Ralph Baierlein (1936-) is an American thermal physicist noted for his 1999 book Thermal Physics, which presents the subject of thermal physics in the form of a fairly decent blend of particle physics, e.g. fermions and bosons and low temperatures, statistical mechanics, e.g. multiplicity, and chemical thermodynamics, e.g. free energies and chemical potentials. His 2000 article “The Elusive Chemical Potential” has interesting discussion on the energetics school, Wilder Bancroft (who he says coined the term “chemical potential” after Gibbs), and Wilhelm Ostwald.
Solutions Manual of Thermal Physics by Baierlein | 1st edition ISBN 9780521658386
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Solutions Manual of Thermal Physics by Baierlein | 1st edition.
- DOWNLOAD LINK will be sent to you IMMEDIATELY (Please check SPAM box also) once payment is confirmed.
- Solutions Manual is available in PDF or Word format and available for download only.
- Solutions Manual of Thermal Physics by Baierlein | 1st edition, Solutions Manual ONLY.
- NO Test Bank included on this purchase. If you are looking for the Test Bank please use search box.
- All orders are placed anonymously. Your order details will be hidden according to our website privacy and deleted automatically.
- This book is under the category: Science and Engineering
- Please use the search box to find other solutions manuals and test banks on this category.
- You can request books or reach us using the links appear in the side bar.
Solutions Manual of Thermal Physics by Baierlein
|Category||Science and Engineering|