The derivation of structural information from spectroscopic data is now an integral part of organic chemistry courses at all Universities. A critical part of any such course is a suitable set of problems to develop the students’ understanding of how organic structures are determined from spectra. The book builds on the very successful teaching philosophy of learning by hands-on problem solving; carefully graded examples build confidence and develop and consolidate a student’s understanding of organic spectroscopy.
Organic Structures from Spectra, 6th Edition is a carefully chosen set of about 250 structural problems employing the major modern spectroscopic techniques, including Mass Spectrometry, 1D and 2D 13C and 1H NMR Spectroscopy and Infrared Spectroscopy. There are 25 problems specifically dealing with the interpretation of spin–spin coupling in proton NMR spectra and 10 problems based on the quantitative analysis of mixtures using proton and carbon NMR spectroscopy. The accompanying text is descriptive and only explains the underlying theory at a level that is sufficient to tackle the problems. The text includes condensed tables of characteristic spectral properties covering the frequently encountered functional groups.
The examples themselves have been selected to include all important structural features and to emphasise connectivity arguments and stereochemistry. Many of the compounds were synthesised specifically for this book. In this collection, there are many additional easy problems designed to build confidence and to demonstrate basic principles.
About the Author
L. D. Field, Professor of Chemistry, School of Chemistry, University of New South Wales, Australia
H. L. Li, Senior Research Associate, School of Chemistry, University of New South Wales, Australia
A. M. Magill, Honorary Associate, School of Chemistry, University of New South Wales, Australia
Solutions Manual of Organic Structures From Spectra by Field & Sternhell | 4th edition ISBN 9780470319260
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Solutions Manual of Organic Structures From Spectra by Field & Sternhell | 4th edition.
- DOWNLOAD LINK will be sent to you IMMEDIATELY (Please check SPAM box also) once payment is confirmed.
- Solutions Manual is available in PDF or Word format and available for download only.
- Solutions Manual of Organic Structures From Spectra by Field & Sternhell | 4th edition, Solutions Manual ONLY.
- NO Test Bank included on this purchase. If you are looking for the Test Bank please use search box.
- All orders are placed anonymously. Your order details will be hidden according to our website privacy and deleted automatically.
- This book is under the category: Chemistry
- Please use the search box to find other solutions manuals and test banks on this category.
- You can request books or reach us using the links appear in the side bar.
Solutions Manual of Organic Structures From Spectra by Field & Sternhell
|Authors||Leslie D. Field; Sev Sternhell; John R. Kalman|