This introduction to combinatorics, the foundation of the interaction between computer science and mathematics, is suitable for upper-level undergraduates and graduate students in engineering, science, and mathematics.
The four-part treatment begins with a section on counting and listing that covers basic counting, functions, decision trees, and sieving methods. The following section addresses fundamental concepts in graph theory and a sampler of graph topics. The third part examines a variety of applications relevant to computer science and mathematics, including induction and recursion, sorting theory, and rooted plane trees. The final section, on generating functions, offers students a powerful tool for studying counting problems. Numerous exercises appear throughout the text, along with notes and references. The text concludes with solutions to odd-numbered exercises and to all appendix exercises.
About the Author
Edward A. Bender is a Professor Emeritus of Mathematics in the Department of Mathematics at the UC San Diego. He received his Ph.D. in Mathematics at California Institute of Technology in 1966.
Solutions Manual of Foundations of Combinatorics With Applications by Bender & Williamson | 1st edition ISBN 9780201510393
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Solutions Manual of Foundations of Combinatorics With Applications by Bender & Williamson | 1st edition.
- DOWNLOAD LINK will be sent to you IMMEDIATELY (Please check SPAM box also) once payment is confirmed.
- Solutions Manual is available in PDF or Word format and available for download only.
- Solutions Manual of Foundations of Combinatorics With Applications by Bender & Williamson | 1st edition, Solutions Manual ONLY.
- NO Test Bank included on this purchase. If you are looking for the Test Bank please use search box.
- All orders are placed anonymously. Your order details will be hidden according to our website privacy and deleted automatically.
- This book is under the category: Science and Engineering
- Please use the search box to find other solutions manuals and test banks on this category.
- You can request books or reach us using the links appear in the side bar.
Solutions Manual of Foundations of Combinatorics With Applications by Bender & Williamson
|Authors||Bender E.; Williamson S|
|Category||Science and Engineering|