This book in its Second Edition is a useful, attractive introduction to basic counting techniques for upper secondary to undergraduate students, as well as teachers. Younger students and lay people who appreciate mathematics, not to mention avid puzzle solvers, will also find the book interesting. The various problems and applications here are good for building up proficiency in counting. They are also useful for honing basic skills and techniques in general problem solving. Many of the problems avoid routine and the diligent reader will often discover more than one way of solving a particular problem, which is indeed an important awareness in problem solving. The book thus helps to give students an early start to learning problem-solving heuristics and thinking skills.New chapters originally from a supplementary book have been added in this edition to substantially increase the coverage of counting techniques. The new chapters include the Principle of Inclusion and Exclusion, the Pigeonhole Principle, Recurrence Relations, the Stirling Numbers and the Catalan Numbers. A number of new problems have also been added to this edition.
About the Author
Koh Khee Meng is Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the National University of Singapore. He obtained his PhD from the University of Manitoba in Canada in 1971. Among several other significant appointments, he was the chairman of the Singapore International Mathematical Olympiad Committee (1991-93), a council member of the Institute of Combinatories and Its Applications (International) (1995-97) and the president of the Singapore Mathematical Society (1996-98). Professor Koh won numerous teaching awards from the National University of Singapore. He specializes in Combinatories and Graph Theory and has had many papers published in international scientific journals. He is co-author of the books Principles and Techniques in Combinatories and College Mathematics, Volumes 1 & 2.
Tay Eng Guan is Assistant Professor in the Mathematics and Mathematics Education Academic Group of the National Institute of Education at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He was a doctoral student of Professor Koh and obtained his PhD from the National University of Singapore in 2000. He specializes in Graph Theory and Mathematics Education and has had papers published in international scientific journals in both areas. Dr Tay has taught in Singapore junior colleges and has also done a stint in the Ministry of Education.
Solutions Manual of Counting by Koh & Tay | 2nd edition ISBN 9789814401944
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Solutions Manual of Counting by Koh & Tay | 2nd edition.
- DOWNLOAD LINK will be sent to you IMMEDIATELY (Please check SPAM box also) once payment is confirmed.
- Solutions Manual is available in PDF or Word format and available for download only.
- Solutions Manual of Counting by Koh & Tay | 2nd edition, Solutions Manual ONLY.
- NO Test Bank included on this purchase. If you are looking for the Test Bank please use search box.
- All orders are placed anonymously. Your order details will be hidden according to our website privacy and deleted automatically.
- This book is under the category: Mathematics
- Please use the search box to find other solutions manuals and test banks on this category.
- You can request books or reach us using the links appear in the side bar.
Solutions Manual of Counting by Koh & Tay
|Authors||Khee Meng Koh; Eng Guan Tay|