This newly corrected, highly acclaimed text offers intermediate-level juniors and first-year graduate students of physics a rigorous treatment of classical electromagnetics. The authors present a very accessible macroscopic view of classical electromagnetics that emphasizes integrating electromagnetic theory with physical optics. The survey follows the historical development of physics, culminating in the use of four-vector relativity to fully integrate electricity with magnetism.
Starting with a brief review of static electricity and magnetism, the treatment advances to examinations of multipole fields, the equations of Laplace and Poisson, dynamic electromagnetism, electromagnetic waves, reflection and refraction, and waveguides. Subsequent chapters explore retarded potentials and fields and radiation by charged particles; antennas; classical electron theory; interference and coherence; scalar diffraction theory and the Fraunhofer limit; Fresnel diffraction and the transition to geometrical optics; and relativistic electrodynamics. A basic knowledge of vector calculus and Fourier analysis is assumed, and several helpful appendices supplement the text. An extensive Solutions Manual is also available.
About the Author
Professor Emeritus Mark A. Heald was on the faculty of Swarthmore College's Department of Physics and Astronomy for 33 years.
Jerry Marion (1929–52) published the original edition of this volume in 1965 under the imprint of Academic Press.
Solutions Manual of Classical Electromagnetic Radiation by Heald & Marion | 3rd edition ISBN 9780030972782
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Solutions Manual of Classical Electromagnetic Radiation by Heald & Marion | 3rd edition.
- DOWNLOAD LINK will be sent to you IMMEDIATELY (Please check SPAM box also) once payment is confirmed.
- Solutions Manual is available in PDF or Word format and available for download only.
- Solutions Manual of Classical Electromagnetic Radiation by Heald & Marion | 3rd edition, Solutions Manual ONLY.
- NO Test Bank included on this purchase. If you are looking for the Test Bank please use search box.
- All orders are placed anonymously. Your order details will be hidden according to our website privacy and deleted automatically.
- This book is under the category: Science and Engineering
- Please use the search box to find other solutions manuals and test banks on this category.
- You can request books or reach us using the links appear in the side bar.
Solutions Manual of Classical Electromagnetic Radiation by Heald & Marion
|Mark A. Heald; Jerry B. Marion
|Science and Engineering