This text focuses on the physics of fluid transport in micro- and nanofabricated liquid-phase systems, with consideration of gas bubbles, solid particles, and macromolecules. This text was designed with the goal of bringing together several areas that are often taught separately – namely, fluid mechanics, electrodynamics, and interfacial chemistry and electrochemistry – with a focused goal of preparing the modern microfluidics researcher to analyse and model continuum fluid mechanical systems encountered when working with micro- and nanofabricated devices. This text serves as a useful reference for practising researchers but is designed primarily for classroom instruction. Worked sample problems are included throughout to assist the student, and exercises at the end of each chapter help facilitate class learning.
About the Author
Brian J. Kirby currently directs the Micro/Nanofluidics Laboratory in the Sibley School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Cornell University. He joined the school in August 2004. Previous to that, he was a Senior Member of the Technical Staff in the Microfluidics Department at Sandia National Laboratories in Livermore, California, where he worked from 2001 to 2004 on microfluidic systems, with applications primarily to counter bioterrorism. Professor Kirby received a 2002 R&D Top 100 Invention Award for work on microvalves for high-pressure fluid control, a 2004 JD Watson Investigator Award for microdevices for protein production and analysis, and a 2006 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) for nanoscale electrokinetics and bioagent detection. He teaches both macroscale and microscale fluid mechanics, and received the 2008 Mr and Mrs Robert F. Tucker Excellence in Teaching Award at Cornell University.
Solutions Manual of Micro and Nanoscale Fluid Mechanics Transport in Microfluidic Devices by Kirby | 1st edition ISBN 9780521119030
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Solutions Manual of Micro and Nanoscale Fluid Mechanics Transport in Microfluidic Devices by Kirby | 1st edition.
- DOWNLOAD LINK will be sent to you IMMEDIATELY (Please check SPAM box also) once payment is confirmed.
- Solutions Manual is available in PDF or Word format and available for download only.
- Solutions Manual of Micro and Nanoscale Fluid Mechanics Transport in Microfluidic Devices by Kirby | 1st edition, Solutions Manual ONLY.
- NO Test Bank included on this purchase. If you are looking for the Test Bank please use search box.
- All orders are placed anonymously. Your order details will be hidden according to our website privacy and deleted automatically.
- This book is under the category: Science and Engineering
- Please use the search box to find other solutions manuals and test banks on this category.
- You can request books or reach us using the links appear in the side bar.
Solutions Manual of Micro and Nanoscale Fluid Mechanics Transport in Microfluidic Devices by Kirby
|Authors||Brian J. Kirby|
|Category||Science and Engineering|