The book first covers the classical ensembles of statistical mechanics and stochastic processes, including Brownian motion, probability theory, and the Fokker–Planck and Langevin equations. To illustrate the use of statistical methods beyond the theory of matter, the author discusses entropy in information theory, Brownian motion in the stock market, and the Monte Carlo method in computer simulations. The next several chapters emphasize the difference between quantum mechanics and classical mechanics—the quantum phase. Applications covered include Fermi statistics and semiconductors and Bose statistics and Bose–Einstein condensation. The book concludes with advanced topics, focusing on the Ginsburg–Landau theory of the order parameter and the special kind of quantum order found in super fluidity and superconductivity.
Assuming some background knowledge of classical and quantum physics, this textbook thoroughly familiarizes advanced undergraduate students with the different aspects of statistical physics. This updated edition continues to provide the tools needed to understand and work with random processes.
About the Author
Kerson Huang is Professor of Physics, Emeritus at MIT. Since retiring from active teaching, Dr. Huang has been engaged in biophysics research.
Solutions Manual of Introduction to Statistical Physics by Huang | 1st edition ISBN 9780748409426
- This is NOT the TEXT BOOK. You are buying Solutions Manual of Introduction to Statistical Physics by Huang | 1st edition.
- DOWNLOAD LINK will be sent to you IMMEDIATELY (Please check SPAM box also) once payment is confirmed.
- Solutions Manual is available in PDF or Word format and available for download only.
- Solutions Manual of Introduction to Statistical Physics by Huang | 1st edition, Solutions Manual ONLY.
- NO Test Bank included on this purchase. If you are looking for the Test Bank please use search box.
- All orders are placed anonymously. Your order details will be hidden according to our website privacy and deleted automatically.
- This book is under the category: Physics
- Please use the search box to find other solutions manuals and test banks on this category.
- You can request books or reach us using the links appear in the side bar.
Solutions Manual of Introduction to Statistical Physics by Huang